Welcome to the best spinning reels 2021. In this article, we summarise our favourite spinning reels on the fishing market. Covering a whole range of different classes from the elite Stella and Exist to entry-level Siennas. Spanning a wide variety of budgets, brands, and applications. The range of reels on the market is almost endless packed full of different features to match their asking price. Let’s cover our favourites from high-end to entry-level.
Best spinning reels 2021
When budget is no boundary these are the best reels available on the market. A steep price point but in return the best set of available features. These reels are lightweight, strong, look amazing, and silky smooth. They offer superior balance with high-end rods with top-of-range componentry. These high-end reels are generally priced from $700 and above.
- Shimano Stella FJ ( RRP $1,249 )
- Daiwa Exist ( RRP $999 )
- Shimano Twin Power FD ( RRP $749 )
- Daiwa Certate ( RRP $659 )
Best offshore saltwater spin reels 2021
Looking to target big fish then look no further as these are the best reels available on the market. Yes, again a high price point but in return the best set of available features. These reels are strong, smooth, and look amazing. They offer superior balance with high-end rods with top-of-range componentry.
- Daiwa Saltiga 20 ( RRP $1,499 )
- Shimano Stella SWC ( RRP $1,599 )
- Daiwa Certate SW ( RRP $849 )
- Shimano Twin Power SW ( RRP $799 )
- Shimano Stradic SW ( RRP $469 )
- Daiwa Saltist ( RRP $429 )
- Shimano Saragosa ( RRP $429 )
- Penn Slammer III ( RRP $369 )
Watch our video review of the Shimano Saragosa a great affordable saltwater reel
Best inshore spin reels 2021
Looking to target inshore species such as snapper and gummy sharks then look no further as these are the best reels available on the market in this space. These reels are strong, smooth, and look amazing but come in smaller profile sizes with certain species in mind.
- Daiwa Certate SW
- Shimano Stradic SW ( RRP $449 )
- Daiwa BG MQ ( RRP $299 )
- Penn Conflict II ( RRP $159 )
- Daiwa Saltist ( RRP $429 )
Best spin reels under $500
The demand is massive for reels with a mid-range price point but a high set of features. The Stradic and Luvias are some of Australis’s highest-selling reels year on year. Quite arguably this is the biggest market with reels ranging from $300 to $600 in price.
- Daiwa Luvias ( RRP $479 )
- Shimano Vanford ( RRP $349 )
- Shimano Stradic Ci4+ ( RRP $299 )
- Abu Garcia Revo MGXtreme ( RRP $449 )
- Shimano Sustain ( RRP $359 )
- Daiwa TD Sol III ( RRP $389 )
Watch our video review of the Shimano Vanford, which has recently superseded the popular Stradic C14+ reel.
Best spin reels under $200
Sitting between entry-level and mid-level these reels are very capable of catching quality fish. These would be considered the best bang for your buck and the market for reels of $200 and less is huge and the beginner class anglers cover a big portion of the buying audience. These reels are very capable.
- Daiwa BG ( RRP $189 )
- Shimano Nasci ( RRP $145 )
- Savage Gear Stealth ( RRP $199 )
- Penn Conflict 2 ( RRP $189 )
- Ecoda Black Hawk 2 ( RRP $179 )
- Okuma Helios SX ( RRP $199 )
- Rapala R-Type ( RRP $159 )
- Daiwa Exceller ( RRP $149 )
Best Reels under $100
Entry-level reels that are still very capable of catching a quality size fish. Again the market for reels of $100 and less is huge and the beginner class anglers cover a big portion of the buying audience. These reels generally provide the basics to get you started.
- Daiwa Aird ( RRP $99 )
- Shimano Sedona ( RRP $99 )
- Savage Gear Manic ( RRP $99 )
- Okuma Ceymar ( RRP $89 )
- Shimano Sienna FG ( RRP $69 )
- Daiwa CrossFire ( RRP $69 )
- Abu Garcia Pro Max ( RRP $59 )
Best Egi Reels
Reels specifically designed for targeting squid. These smooth reels with double handles are often paired with longer rods. They provide a unique feel and design to get the most out of casting squid jigs.
- Daiwa emereldas Air FC LT ( RRP $549 )
- Daiwa Emereldas Air LT ( RRP $499 )
- Shimano Sephia BB 2021 ( RRP $299 )
- Daiwa Emereldas MX ( RRP $399 )
- Shimano Stradic ( RRP $299 )
Additions or corrections
Thanks for reading this best spinning reels 2021 article. You can purchase these rods as most fishing tackle stores. You can also see many fishing videos around Melbourne and Victoria. If you have any questions, corrections or additions then please direct them to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.